By Roger Knowles Thompson
1. Reminiscences of Hannah Bonser Knowles, a granddaughter of John Bonser an extensive manuscript in possession of the author.
2. History of Sauvies Island, Omar C. Spencer
3. Various articles from the weekly and daily Portland Oregonian extracted vert. file Ore. Hist. Soc.
4. Various articles St. Helens, Ore. papers, some in possession of the author, some from OHS.
5. Various articles Vancouver Independent
6. Various articles Vancouver Columbian
7. Oregon Donation Land Claims and Supplements, Gen. Soc. of Portland
8. Bertha Stephenson Reminiscences MS. OHS.
9. Hilton Bonser Biography Pacific Monthly 1901
10. Various extracts of wills, Multnomah County Court House and OHS.
11. Various extracts of wills, Columbia County, Ore.
12. Seattle Post Intelligencer, Various articles 1866-1893.
13. History of King County, Wash. OHS
14. Various records, minutes of Ore Pioneer Assoc. OHS.
15. US Census 1840-1900.
16. 1853 Washington County Oregon Census.
17. Bonser Family Bible, possession of Rhomie Thompson, Bend Ore
18. Impressions and observations of the Journal Man, Fred Lockley, various interviews, Oregon Journal.
19. Index to Provisional Govt. and Territorial Papers, OHS.
20. Biography File, OHS.
21. DAR Cemetery listing Masonic Cemetery, St. Helens, WA
22. DAR name Index, Multnomah County, Or
23. Cayuse to Cadillac; Landerholm
24. DAR Application of Lillian Bonser Akins with family History. Possession of the author.
25. Washington County, Or, Index to court records and Record Extracts.
26. Various articles Oregon Spectator, 1851
27. Autobiography of Anna Lee, MS of 1898. Letter of 1893, Ft. Vancouver His. Soc.
28. Scioto County, Ohio wills
29. Abstracts 1809-1836 Scioto Co. Wills
30. Bonser Train Centennial Observed, Letter to editor, 1947 by Bonser descendant OHS.
31. Paul L. Reeder letter to OHS; Old homes on Sauvies Island
32. History of the Willamette Valley pg. 301
33. Various extracts, Pioneer File, OHS.
34. The History of the Columbia from The Dalles to the Sea; Portrait and Biographical Record.
35. Columbia County OR Charter.
36. Scrapbook File OHS
37. Indian War Pension Applications. OHS.
38. Clark County, WA. Land Records; Clark County Gen. Soc.
39. Old city Cemetery of Vancouver; Mildred E. Porter; Gen'l. Forum of Portland
40. All existing Sauvies Island Maps; OHS
41. Stern Wheelers Up Columbia; Randall V. Mills
42. Early Portland Stump Town Triumphant; Eugene E. Snyder
43. Washington State Place Names; Jane W. Phillips
44. Oregon Geographic Names; Lewis A. MacArthur
45. Willamette Landings; Corning; O.H.S.
46. Oral History; History of Armstrong, Bonser, and Sturgess family Poss. of author; reminiscences of Doris A. Dyker and Mildred Armstrong Richardson 1975.
47. Scioto County Histo
48. Steamboat History of the Lewis River by Curtis Gardner MS Clark County Hist. Soc.
49. Lewis and Dryden's Marine Hist. of the Pacific Northwest.
50. Clark County Hist; B.F. Alley and Monroe Frazer
51. Journals of Peter Crawford; Ms. Bancroft Library, Berkeley
52. Letters of James Halstead Bonser possession of author
53. Various articles Clark Count Hist. Soc.
54. Various articles Columbia County Hist. Soc.
55. Memoirs and letters of Henry and Hannah Thomas MS possession of author
56. Bonser Family Photo Albums (4) possession of author
57. Memoirs of Cora Ann Bonser Ms. Possession of author
58. Go to the Cowlitz: Peter Crawford; Camilla Summers.
Return to Main Oregon Page
Return to Pioneer Biographies
Copyright © 1998 by Jan Phillips
Last updated 21 August 2014.